( I follow everyone back who follows me. ♥ )

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Making Time For Success

At the back of my mind, success for me is lots of something in many areas of life - but then I realized how can i possibly have time for it all?  Work, family, friends, social life, adventures, church, health, lovelife... RAWR! 24 hours in a day seems not enough!

A wise saying that “Hardwork is the key to success”. Spending too much time at work and other sidelines will surely get me on my way to the good life.”  Well perhaps.  But it may come at the cost of foregone memories and lost ties with friends and family.  In my mind, success is having plenty in many areas of life – but how can we possibly have time for it all?  Work, family, health, social life, lovelife ^^, adventures... >faint<

As I get older I've realized that I'll need to be a good manager of my own time, otherwise I'll never fit all that success I want to have in one day.  In other words, one needs to be effective with their time in order to maximize their life output.  Busy-ness is all too often not accompanied by effectiveness.  We often fill our days with unimportant or low priority tasks not realizing that our time could in fact be put to better use.


What is it about Oprah or Lucio Tan that make them so special -- they have the same 24 hours in the day as everyone else?  Simply because they know how to set priorities in their lives and pursue them tenaciously.  They're seems also very good at delegating and/or systematizing the lower level tasks that compete for their time.

Removing all the white noise in the day, especially in the information age we live in, can be particularly challenging.  Emails coming in every minute, cell phones ringing, new flashy websites to look at, tweets to send, encouraging blogs to read,  new comments on fb – these things can take up a good chunk of a day. Isn't it?  But those who successfully learn to focus on what they do best (I agreed to you, it's hard!) – whatever that might be, and limit, delegate the lower priority time consumers, are the ones that enjoy the most progress in life with the least amount time output.

Isn’t that something to strive for?  Well, I guess. Let's try to accomplish more in our working life in less time, so we can spend more time with our family, go climbing with friends, spend time with special someone yet still finds time to expand oneself.

That's what I call success. : ) cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Use the 'post a comment' section at the top of this post to share your thoughts. Your comments are what makes this thing fun! I LOVE to hear from you and do my best to respond to everyone! THANK YOU!
 
google-site-verification: google1bceb82f6129bfec.html