( I follow everyone back who follows me. ♥ )

Wednesday, May 09, 2012

How iButterfly Apps Works?

I've always had a fascination with butterflies. I remember, when I was a child, butterflies used to fly so slowly outside of our house, been wanting to catch them with my bare hands but I'm afraid to do so as the old saying goes that "when you touch a butterfly and accidentally touch your eyes you'll get blind". Lolz. Apparently the excitement from seeing so many butterflies never left me over the years. So when SM Cyberzone invited bloggers for the launching of iButterfly I immediately registered and luckily got an exclusive invite from them which was held at SM North EDSA last Saturday, May 5. 

Later, I found out that iButterfly is an application for iOS and Android OS enabled phones, you can catch the iButterfly using your smartphone via Augmented Reality. Amazing, eh? When I received the email I right away install the iButterfly Apps from my iPhone 3Gs via iTunes Store in the hope of winning freebies & prizes which is tagged along with the butterflies during the launch.
How it Works? 

iButterfly was previously created by Japan's Mobile Art Lab and has been successfully launched in Hongkong, Indonesia and Singapore. The iButterfly uses GPS for the location and number of their virtual butterflies, it also uses motion sensors for the smartphone users to catch the iButterfly and store it inside their phones, and it is an augmented reality were iButterflies exist only in the augmented reality world and can be viewed using your smartphones. 
When "Catch!" is displayed, shake lightly to catch the butterfly!
Basically, these iButterflies serve as coupons & discounts.  If you have Internet access via your smartphone you can catch them at the following SM Supermalls.
  • SM North Edsa
  • SM Megamall
  • SM Mall of Asia
  • SM Cebu
  • SM Davao
  • SM Southmall
  • SM Fairview
  • SM Baguio. 
Once you catch a butterfly it'll be saved on your "collection". You can redeem your prize by presenting iButterflies at the following participating stores.
  • SM Dept Store
  • Forever21
  • Mcdonalds
  • Jollibee
  • SM Cinema
  • Baby Company
  • Timex
  • Krispy Kreme
  • Yellow Cab
  • SM Food Court
  • Starbucks
  • Quantum
  • Promod
  • Our Home
  • Smart 
 Here's some video to show you more how it works:





Visit the mall and try your iButterfly hunt and adventure!

UPDATES: iButterfly website is NOW updated and it listed the freebies and giveaways that are available in selected mall. Check out the list here.

Happy Catching!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Use the 'post a comment' section at the top of this post to share your thoughts. Your comments are what makes this thing fun! I LOVE to hear from you and do my best to respond to everyone! THANK YOU!
 
google-site-verification: google1bceb82f6129bfec.html