( I follow everyone back who follows me. ♥ )

Friday, February 10, 2012

Buttered Marble Potatoes with garlic & cheese

Last week I made my own buttered marble potatoes, kenny Rogers side dish-inspired. Though it didn't turn out like its supposed to, but its certainly ok. :D. These potatoes taste so good, Butter and garlic combination are really good!



 Prepare for:
  • 1/4kl of marble potatoes
  • 4-6 cloves of minced garlic
  • 2tbsp of margarine
  • small amount of herba buena.

Here's How:

  1. Wash the potato marbles 2-3x until you feel its already clean. (No need to peel, just wash them real good)
  2. Cut in halves the potato marbles, then boil in pan with enough water to cover.  Add some salt in water. (2-3 teaspoons will do)
  3. Simmer 20 to 25 minutes, until fork-tender. Drain. Set aside.
  4. In a different pan, melt some butter. (I can't find butter on our ref so I used margarine instead.)
  5. Melt some margarine, add garlic and grinded cheese. Simmer just until all the flavors have blended.
  6. Remove from heat then toss it with the potato marbles.

I put mine in a container and toss! I sprinkled it with cheese and some chopped Herba Buena . Prelibato!

I love it! It's simple and easy to make! ♥

 Ubos agad! Yum!

Postscript: Herba Buena or Yerba Buena is also some kind of aromatic plant herb. My mom had one of these plant so I tried using it as an alternative to parsley. ^^ It was ok though. But since  it has a stronger scent, I only add a very small amount of it. 

13 comments:

  1. yumyum!! this look and sound yummy dear!! but on a diet person butter or margarine wouldn't be good i guess. they can eat it on their cheat day though!! good for kids too! nice snacks for them specially very easy to prepare!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for this recipe..this is my son's fave...will try this soon...

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love marbled potatoes. i normally pair them with garlic pork steak or a really huge steak (beef).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yerba Buena? That's something new to me... I never realized it can be used on food. I love potatoes, but I haven't tried eating something like this, I always prefer it a la salad (with mayonnaise).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenn, I googled yerba/herba buena before and just realized that it can also be used as garnish. *wink

      Delete
  5. yum, this is my fave! lalo na pag super daming garlic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My brother's fiance actually made me these on my birthday! Quite honestly I did not even know what to call it before since it was my first time to try it but all I can say is its so yummy! ^^, great post! Will def try making these

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love potatoes and garlic so this really made me giddy! :D Would make this soon! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  8. pwde po bang yung cheese eh like cheesewiz dito?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will try this as it is simple and easy

    ReplyDelete
  10. anong kind ng cheese ang pwede kong ilagay? pweba ang eden?

    ReplyDelete

Use the 'post a comment' section at the top of this post to share your thoughts. Your comments are what makes this thing fun! I LOVE to hear from you and do my best to respond to everyone! THANK YOU!
 
google-site-verification: google1bceb82f6129bfec.html