( I follow everyone back who follows me. ♥ )

Friday, April 01, 2011

Google +1 Button to Compete with Facebook 'Like'

Google just announced their new personal recommendation button the Google +1. I guess, this is Google’s direct competitor to Facebook’s ‘Like’ button. ^^

This is a must read to all SEO. Because the NEW SEO is the social vote so this is very important! Adding Google +1 button is really a must to include in all SEO strategy.

Basically, this is how Google +1 button works. If you have a Google account and you are logged in while you are searching on Google you may see search results with recommendations from people you know. Things they shared on Twitter, Flickr, Digg and other social media sites.

Basically, this is how Google +1 button works. If you have a Google account and you are logged in while you are searching on Google you may see search results with recommendations from people you know. Things they shared on Twitter, Flickr, Digg and other social media sites.
“Today we’re enabling you to share recommendations with the world right in Google’s search results. It’s called +1—the digital shorthand for “this is pretty cool.” To recommend something, all you have to do is click +1 on a webpage or ad you find useful. These +1’s will then start appearing in Google’s search results."
The +1 button will appear next to each search result. After pressing the +1 button, you have the option to undo the action immediately. (Just like facebook like button huh!)

For instance, I'm Planning a trip in Calaguas Island, when I do a search, I may now see a +1 from my Bestfriend Calaguas Island hopping next to the result for the happenings in the area. Or if I am looking for 2011 Fashion Clothes, google will show me a +1's from my Top fashion designer schoolmate.

The importance of +1’s is their relevance - you get the right recommendations (because they come from people who matter to you), at the right time (when you are actually looking for information about that topic) and in the right format (your search results).

However, I've just tried now and it's not available yet for websites just for Google Search.  But eventually? I guess, this Google plus one button will surely apply in all blog sites.

Well, this new update really makes it official Social Marketing is real. It will change then the SEO game on Google. Personal votes might be more important than link votes. Google SERPS will get even more personalized than they already are. Also, with personal votes I think the results will be even more different.

What you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Use the 'post a comment' section at the top of this post to share your thoughts. Your comments are what makes this thing fun! I LOVE to hear from you and do my best to respond to everyone! THANK YOU!
 
google-site-verification: google1bceb82f6129bfec.html