( I follow everyone back who follows me. ♥ )

Saturday, November 05, 2011

Cagbalete Island Experience - Php 1,200 Cheapest Budget Ever!

Glad our CAGBALETE ISLAND Trip was a success. Thanks to Ms. Tess of  Villa Cleofas who answered all of my inquiries and to Josiah Sicad of Lakas Trip. I'm glad that I stumbled upon his blog for this made our journey possible in the cheapest way.

I believe that travel doesn't have to be expensive. You can still visit places you want without spending too much. It's just a simple matter of googling & charm my friend. Two weeks ago in search of perfect place for the upcoming long weekend getaway I stumbled upon a blog stating their 1,300/pax budget for a group of nine. Experiencing this beautiful island of Cagbalete with that price intrigues me.  I continued searching, blog-reading, and this made me decide to spend my long weekend here in this island. Guess what?! You can even lower down your budget for up to 1,180 pesos Only for two pax. Yehess! You heard it right! 1,180 ONLY!

Here's the summary of our Cagbalete Island Trip Budget = Php 1,180 / Pax. 
(Click on the image to get a better view).

 

See below for the budget breakdown:
 
Passenger boats in Cagbalete Port costs only Php 40.00. If you are a tight budget like me, this ferry is such a savior for us so be sure to take note that there are only two boat trips to the island, one in the morning at 10:00 AM and in the afternoon at 4:00 PM. Just imagine the money you will saved when you're able to catch this trip compare on renting a private boat costing 2000-4500 pesos, (depending on the size of the boat). Whoa!

I bring a packed lunch, 3/4 of rice, and 1 litter of water for this trip. These are not included on the supplies we bought in Mauban Market. I also bring some utensils, but since we are lacking of cooking set we just rented the cookware available on Villa Cleofas. For 100 pesos charge, we are allowed to use any cookware and utensils available on the resort. Happy that they all have the stuffs we need! They have a clean, large kitchen. I even regretted of bringing my stuffs -- utensils and the like since we can even  rent it and just paid 100 bucks .

We buy our food and kitchen supplies at Mauban Market, it's about 3-5 minutes walk away from the Port. Just like other market some of the vendor here is also selling their goods at a lower price so I suggest that you go around, the market is not that big anyway.

We arrived at Sabang Beach around 11 AM and because its low tide our ferry can't go that near so we had to transfer to a smaller boat (it's free).

Cagbalete River during low tide
Beautiful scenery of tall coconut trees
Sunset at Villa Cleofas
be still, be quiet and let your mind rest
Cagbalete Sand Riffle
High tide
Low tide
Creamy fine sand at Villa Cleofa


You might also be interested in reading:
>> Cagbalete Island Experience In Villa Cleofas
>> 2D1N DIY Cagbalete Island Trip Itinerary
>> 10 Things to do in Cagbalete Island

25 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to go to Cagbalete Island, thanks for the info, I'll take note of this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is very detailed ha.. cheap indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's really cheap! Even travelers with very limited budgets will be able to afford it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pwede! Wala ng excuse hindi mag travel. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. very good budget trips!

    maganda to pag dalawa lang talaga kayo magdi-date.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know why but I'm really not into the beach that much ... siguro kasi di ako marunong lumangoy but this looked nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thats ok sweetie.. iba2x naman talaga tayo ng passion.. Don't know how to swim too, but i'm just fascinated with the big waves and the vast sea :)

      Delete
  7. mura at maganda... tamang-tama sa nalalapit na bakasyon...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like beaches kahit I'm not really a good swimmer. And wow ah, I'm amazed how you guys managed your expenses for this trip.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very informative. May rates talaga lahat ng expenses :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have been to Cagbalete Island once and I also did not spend that much. Thanks for sharing your experience.

    ReplyDelete
  11. those photos were fantastically good and nice!! they"re breathtaking!! will try to visit and explore philippines as well next time. and true that you don't need to travel very expensive for your holiday. xx =D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Thanks for sharing this post, and I love that you even listed the expenses breakdown.

    I should really try traveling within the budget (or better yet, create my budget).

    ReplyDelete
  13. With a budget that cheap, who wouldn't love to visit a place as beautiful as Cagbalete Island! Thanks for sharing this helpful info.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a real travel on a shoestring! I would love to visit Cagbalete too in the future. I'll bookmark your site. Beautiful Photos.

    http://travel-on-a-shoe-string.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm glad to come across your post about Cagbalete. I'm planning to go there solo and as you mentioned it they have complete cookware including kaldero? Meron din sila uling or gas stove? Magsasaing lang naman ako ng bigas since delatas at instant noodles na lang yung ulam ko. :) Para alam ko lang yung dadalhin ko. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. hi Gabz, yep, they have a complete set of cookware in Villa Cleofas Resort in Cagbalete. Including kaldero, sandok, utensils & the like. May gas stove din where you could also cook, pde din di-uling, its your choice. Approach mo po si ate caretaker, very accommodating nmn po sila :) thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Jek, thanks a lot! Btw, may signal ba sa island? Specifically Globe 3G? :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. hi Gabz, yes malakas po yun signal ng globe & smart afaik. Ang sun, fail : ( tnx!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Jek, went to Cagbalete last Thursday. Your blog post was very helpful. :D Was supposed to stay in MVT but their electricity runs from 6am to 10pm only because I was the only guest. I ended up going back to Villa Cleofas, their power runs until 6am (although they turned it off na at 4am) kahit ako lang din mag-isang guest. At mas gusto ko yung location ng Villa Cleofas, sarap mag-relax dun sa duyan nila. :) I paid P50 per saing pala. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  20. hello Gabz, glad your Cagbalete Trip was a success! P50? Just hope hindi ka nmn naka sampu saing :D.

    ReplyDelete
  21. hello there! blog walker here! is it possible to spend overnight here for 2? are there any cheap but comfy lodges there?..

    ReplyDelete
  22. btw, im your new follower, hope you could visit mine too :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello Jonna :) thanks for visiting my blog!
    Yes, the resort allowed overnight guests.
    We were also just two when we went there, we rented a tent, for P250. Yung next po dito, lam ko P900-1000 na.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi! Do they have corkage fee if we will bring food and drinks?

    ReplyDelete

Use the 'post a comment' section at the top of this post to share your thoughts. Your comments are what makes this thing fun! I LOVE to hear from you and do my best to respond to everyone! THANK YOU!
 
google-site-verification: google1bceb82f6129bfec.html