( I follow everyone back who follows me. ♥ )

Monday, September 03, 2012

The odd-eyed Cat

It was 6am in the morning and I just woke up by our newly adopted cat, Blanca -- the odd-eyed. She was sitting in front of my face, meowing so sweetly as if begging me to open the door.
Awwww.. it melt my heart! It was my first time petting a cat and it feels good. :)

She has become fond of my family in her first 2 days at home. She is so sweet, gentle and loves to snuggle! Sadly, the original owner thought of that this little kitty is deaf. According to him, Bianca is not responding to her name, and not responding to commands, and when they call it for food, they'll have to put first the plate near her so she can see it, which we had noticed too.

Despite I had a hint that she might really be, still, I am not convinced until I did a couple of research. And it's true, as per Google, some white cats suffer from congenital deafness caused by a degeneration of the inner ear. This condition is associated with blue irises - blue-eyed white cat has a high probability of deafness. It has been found that deafness is more likely to affect the ear on the blue-eyed side.

This are all new to me, I gotta adjust my communication with Blanca, indeed, she needs special care. Anyone here who have a deaf cat, how do you communicate with them? Care to share? thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Use the 'post a comment' section at the top of this post to share your thoughts. Your comments are what makes this thing fun! I LOVE to hear from you and do my best to respond to everyone! THANK YOU!
 
google-site-verification: google1bceb82f6129bfec.html