( I follow everyone back who follows me. ♥ )

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Easy Grounding Techniques

This grounding techniques was shared by a therapist whose happened to be my friend's cousin. According to her, its  one of the technique that they apply to their patient. This helps the patient to bring them out of a flashback. So I assumed that this technique is also good when your suddenly triggered, scared, or I must say could be a help to put someone back into their body.

The only 'rules' is to go as quickly as possible and to keep track of the countdown on your fingers. It can be done anywhere, you can talk out loud or say it in your head. You can even do to this exercise on the computer.

Counting from 5 - 1
  • I See - Name 5 things that you see
  • I Hear - Name 5 things that you hear (if a room is quiet you can also make some noises like clapping your hands)
  • I Feel - Name 5 sensations in your body (not your feelings), or touching things around you and say how they feel.
  • I See - Name 4 things that you see
  • I Hear - Name 4 things that you hear
  • I Feel - Name 4 sensations that you feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Use the 'post a comment' section at the top of this post to share your thoughts. Your comments are what makes this thing fun! I LOVE to hear from you and do my best to respond to everyone! THANK YOU!
 
google-site-verification: google1bceb82f6129bfec.html